Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wrapping up the Winter Pinterest Challenge

Or, as I almost typed 233463847 times in the past few weeks, the Winterest Pinterest Challenge.  Maybe next time Katie and Sherry host the Winter Pinterest Challenge, they could rename it that.


I intended this post to come much earlier, but I was actually on vacation in Florida with the hubs when the Challenge went up, then went straight back to work.  So I've been sneaking in as much time as possible over the last week and a half to look over all your fabulous Pinterest crafts.  Let me tell you, I'm amazed at your talent, determination, and all-around creativity!  In case some of you haven't had a chance to read through all of the projects, I've plucked out a few of my favorites. 


Quick crafts
Got a little bit of time to kill on a Sunday afternoon?  Try one of these crafty ideas.



Marriage Memory Book at A Little Bite of Everything
(this one's easy because Ainhoa did all the work for you-- she provided a free PDF download of the book!)

Alabama string art at I Like What I'm Herring (she also has a beautiful shop)

Totally-worth-it crafts
Even if it took these ladies a while, they got the job done and got it done well. 

Most intensive:  DIY Shag Rug at Next Step

Best use of power tools:  Barn Wood Coffee Table at Blue Mitten Green House


   



Paint it up
Itching to paint something?  Take a cue from these ladies.


Chalkboard Wall Calendar at Our Fifth House (I can't wait to see her mudroom when it's finished!)



Sew It Up
Brave enough to whip out that sewing machine?  These girls make it look easy.




No sewing machine required for these!
 
Beehive Pillow at Our First Nest (Her embroidery tutorial makes me think I could do this, too!)




Kid-Friendly
Craft up these awesome things for the kid in your life.  I seriously want to be five years old again, please, so I can play with these.




I so enjoyed all your projects and can't wait for the next edition of the Pinterest Challenge!  Thanks to Katie and Sherry for making us get off our butts and to Cassie for being a wonderful co-host!  Y'all made me feel like a blogging all-star.  :-)


P.S.  Keep an eye out soon for my next project announcement!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! There are definitely a ton of great projects out there! I especially love the rag tie banner (I'm seriously considering that as decor for our wedding!) and the embroidery pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my comment makes your day you can only imagine what your feature does for mine :) Thank you so much for featuring the punch box! I look forward to the next challenge :)
    ~Elena
    `A Casarella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl for including me in your round up!! I am always excited for the Pinterest Challenge to come around and motivate me to create something I've pinned! Hope you had a great vacation :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feature! And I kept saying "Winterest" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so honored to be featured! Thank you so much! Can't wait for the next Pinterest Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeeeee! Thanks so much for the feature! I'm elated! This is my first feature on a fellow blog and I couldn't be more excited! Thanks so much for hosting the challenge! It's so much fun. And I always find several new blogs to stalk including your fabulous blog! And FYI...I sent you a shout out at the end of tonight's post here: http://www.angiesroost.com/2012/03/27/puttin-it-to-bed/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my string art along with my shop! You made my day!! I'm ready for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for featuring my little beehive pillow!! I love the Pinterest Challenges so much, not only do they make me start actually DIYing some on the pins on my DIY board (although my boyfriend would disagree and say that 9 times out of 10 when he asks what I'm doing, my reply is "so, I saw this on Pinterest"), they also provide so much inspiration for the next challenge! And like Angie said above, I also find a lot of neat blogs to check out, like yours! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for featuring my fabric coffee sleeve! I'm so excited! There were so many great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for featuring my ombre pillow! I am amongst some amazing projects. I can't wait to check out all these talented bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great projects. My favorite thing about the Pinterest Challenges is seeing all the creative ways people interpret their pins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOK. You are so kinda and sweet to feature me. AND I love YOUR table AND I totally think you can ease in to doing some girl power tool action! But I def still use my hubs for a lot of things too. LOVE LOVE LOVE finding new blog friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for doing a round-up Erin! There are so many cool projects to look at - it's hard to know where to start!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Won't you leave one?