Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Around the House: Dining Room


We love entertaining, but our dining room doesn’t quite do our hosting appetite justice. Our dining room table is a four-seater that we can stretch to six if necessary. Until we can expand to our dream table (maybe similar to this one), we aim to recover the chairs. If you can believe it, we also have a matching tablecloth….
Our dining room corner is also home to our drinking habit liquor and accessories. Taking a cue from a picture I saw online, we hung two wine cases on the wall to house our beverages and some glassware. Mr. GI built our wine rack.

In addition to the new table, we'll also need new chairs. I love Parsons chairs, but they can be a little pricey for the number we want (and I really doubt we could find a deal on chairs like John & Sherry got that could be reupholstered). I've tossed around the idea of having mismatched chairs like the ones below-- different styles, but all the same color. Much cheaper, that's for sure.
Another goal is to wire a chandelier above the dining area. The lights in this house were installed kind of strangely -- there is no direct light over the dining room (just a hideous fan/light above the shared dining and living area) or the front entryway. In the short term, we have a black chandelier, bought for $5 at a yard sale, that might get the spray paint treatment before it goes up. In the long term, though, I heart this pendant from West Elm. About half of my dining room inspiration pictures have this pendant or a similar one. :-)

Living room up next!


Source list: Dining room table and chairs, family; Billy Bookcase, IKEA; chalkboard, IKEA; console, family; curtains and curtain road, IKEA; wine rack, homemade

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of the mis-matched chairs! Let me know what you end up doing. I think painting them all the same color would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Won't you leave one?